I am reminded of the rewards that come by fasting and praying for this understanding:
- Fasting leads to tenderizing our hearts so that we feel God’s presence more.
- Fasting leads to changing our desires and enlarging our desire for righteousness (Heb. 1:9).
- Fasting leads to increasing our understanding of the Word and receiving prophetic dreams.
- Fasting leads to making our body healthier and changing what we desire to eat and drink
- Fasting leads to strengthening our sense of identity as sons of God before the Father and as a bride before the Son. Our identity is rooted in the knowledge of God’s affection for us.
The grace of fasting is God’s answer to our cry for “more.” Fasting enlarges our capacity to receive truth, and accelerates the process of God’s truths taking root in our own hearts. It is the God given way to make room for more of God and therefore, is an essential component to the age-old question of “How do I grow in love for God?”
– The Rewards of Fasting, Mike Bickle & Dana Candler